Overnight at friend's house today. I just had a dream about something so interesting . I woke up bcos the feelings were so overbearing i was crying while trying to eat my bee hoon. ( inside the dream of course )
The dream was about my family, the older generation forming a family planning, so to say, the gen 3 future. So if i do recall in my dream i was making some bold gestures and talking boisterously in front of the whole. Suddenly they had this big gen 1 gen 2 meeting . And us gen 3 we left out. We eavesdropped and heard this,"your son should do something more, being a
Dermatologist is unsuitable for him." Dafuq did i just hear. You wanted me to be a doctor that specializes in the study of skin .__. (ok that was so ironic even for a dream.)
So many feelings and thoughts ran through my mind during my dream. About my future and what my plans would actually interfere with their's . But the one that was the irritable one was that my family did actually have such a thing going on. Like a string to pull everyone. I was shocked, thinking that my family all along incorporated the do-what-you-like lifestyle and attitude. Well, it is kinda cool if your family had this kinda approach though.. But Dermatologist? LOL. no.
(i think this dream was because of The Godfather)
Ever since watching The Godfather Trilogy, i kept thinking if i could be like a Don, would I enjoy it? Or, would i want it for my family?
Quite Cool Though.
Anyway, my dream ended with me shouting at my dad saying that if my family had this all along and kept all of us children in the dark all these while. My dad said it was 'time' to do so as my twin cousins are flying back next week and the announcements will be carried out. (kinda cool actually><)
Ok, coming back to reality. Even if my family does not have this, i still wonder what i would actually do in my life, that my family would abide to what i can offer to them. I think for my family, what's more important is that whatever i do in my life, I must be happy doing it.
I love my family.
9 years ago

