time to say goodbye

Friday, December 7, 2012
a colleague asked me a question after lunch one of the last few days when i was in Germany,"What will you miss about the most here?" I couldn't answer him. It was quite weird for me bcos i had been thinking about that question for awhile and a few answers came up, but when he asked i just froze and couldn't give a define answer. 

Today was the 2nd last day of work. You can feel that some of the colleagues that are personally closer to you will be more 'acceptable' to your departure. You could tell, certainly I did. And certainly i felt it too.

Start the day with the friendliest smile from our colleague as we hop into his Ford. Every morning is always pleasant with a smile on your face.
It's nostalgic thinking about these 3 months. I finally gave myself an answer that i would miss the most is the new bonds and friendships i've made. Screw the fact that i didn't do as well as i wanted to here, i know the relationships and experiences i've had were way way way more fulfilling than those extra 5 marks. Bonds and experiences like these are priceless. And no this is not an excuse. 

To know that you won't be able to see some people for the rest of your life makes you feel really sad, those that matter anyway. But it really gets you thinking, you know? Especially since when I started out with a horrible communication barrier between my colleagues and I. But over the 3 months, words could not define the conversations I had with any one of these colleagues. 

It's when you're stuck in a faraway land that you realise your social networking is so limited it makes your daily activities the main topics of your conversations. making everyday's small actions more special and meaningful.

Since this was the first time for my working, like literally. I can't compare and say that Germany has a much better vibe of working environment. But surely if this is the 'real' world, then life wouldn't suck that much after all. Actually i know that Singapore working environment would be worse..? I guess. Especially since Germany's engineering is so sought after and that Singapore's Engineering is labelled as 'no life dead end' jobs. Maybe i might come back here, i honestly won't know. Like my fellow German colleague told me, " No one knows the future.

To end this off, i really like to say Thank You Jenoptik, Hommel-Etamic, and all my colleagues to make this 3 months less painful as I would had initially thought it would be.

And also, a phrase that'll remain in my soul for the rest of my working life, a common German phrase i've learnt and.. applied *laugh* : "Tomorrow is Another Day!"


"Need You Now"

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor.
Reaching for the phone 'cause I can't fight it anymore.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind?
For me it happens all the time.

[Chorus:]
It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I've lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without.
I just need you now.

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door.
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind?
For me it happens all the time.


[Chorus:]
It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I've lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without.
I just need you now.

Oh whoa
Yes I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all.

[Chorus:]
It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
And I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now.
Well I don't know how I can do without.
I just need you now
I just need you now.
Oh baby I need you now.